HAWA Engineers is seeking an energetic and experienced Marketing Manager to join our team. This position plans, manages and executes marketing activities in support of the firm’s marketing strategy, as developed by the President, Director of Business Development, and Principals.
HAWA Engineers offers MEPT engineering design solutions for clients from our offices in Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio. Our team at HAWA is driven by a philosophy that the best service comes from a personal commitment to the clients’ needs, combined with the experience and ability to tailor our services to meet those needs. We thrive on long-term relationships in which we understand the clients’ business, the purpose and objectives of their project, and the requirements of each end user. Applying our knowledge and experience is what makes HAWA a leader in the field of consulting engineering.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for coordinating proposals, creating and conducting presentations, and compiling research for marketing materials. In addition, the manager will maintain HAWA’s social media accounts, website content, marketing materials, and consult with vendors and partners. This position requires the ability to collaborate with our team of engineers, and other personnel, and the skills to effectively interact with existing and potential clients. The manager will report directly to the President and will have the support of the firm’s administrative staff.
Areas of Responsibility:
Proposal Writing and Support
- RFP/RFQ evaluation and dissection
- Assign and coordinate proposal activities including schedule for content development
- Develop project strategies and differentiators with technical staff
- Work with technical staff to develop proposal content and capability statements
- Coordinate with support consultants and teaming partners
- Work with staff to develop and produce materials for interview presentations
Client Research and Client Tracking
- Maintain knowledge of the AEC industry, including our key clients, our capabilities, staff, and primary competitors
- Coordinate target client list with Director of Business Development
- Research support for target markets, clients, and competition
- Develop and maintain project and client databases
Marketing Content and Social Media Marketing
- Develop and maintain resumes, project descriptions, and brochure content
- Develop project descriptions with technical staff
- Plan marketing initiatives and coordinate with staff to develop content
- Create and update social media, E-Newsletter, and website information
- Plan and execute business development outings
- Plan and attend industry events
- Identify sponsorships and PR opportunities that help build brand awareness
- Involvement in professional organizations
- Coach technical sales staff on presentation skills
- Conduct post-mortems on key opportunities to identify areas of improvement.
- Excellent language skills in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and verbal, and written
- Skills in graphic design and publication layout (Experience in Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as Constant Contact is a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and desktop publishing software
- Experience with State of Ohio Statement of Qualifications – F110-330 form
- General understanding of A/E/C industry terminology
- Working knowledge of marketing databases and proposal resources files
- Understanding of basic marketing principals
- Social Media and Website administration experience
- Positive, friendly, and professional personality
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in teams
- High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple time-critical tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of marketing experience within the A/E/C industry
- Preparation towards Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) certification a plus
How to Apply:
Please include your name in the email header and forward a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@hawainc.com.
HAWA Engineers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.