HAWA Incorporated is a recognized name in the consulting industry, synonymous with engineering excellence and quality service. Our dedication to providing the best design solutions, while taking each project’s unique needs into consideration, has earned us the trust of our clients — many of whom have partnered with HAWA for decades.
We know that our people are our strongest assets. Beyond just the skill and experience each member of the HAWA team brings to the company, every one of us is driven by a philosophy that the best service comes from a personal commitment to the customer’s needs.
In addition to competitive salaries, paid holidays and vacation, insurance, and retirement plans, employees of HAWA are part of a company culture that promotes teamwork through fun outings and activities. We know that the job needs to be more than just a paycheck for our employees — it needs to be fulfilling as well.
If you are looking to take the next step in your engineering design career, we invite you to view our job postings and submit your resume.
Ned B. Heminger
980 Old Henderson Road
Columbus, OH 43220
PHONE: (614) 451-1711
FAX: (614) 451-0279
Performs engineering duties in development of the design of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, fire protection and plumbing systems for various types of construction projects.
This will include load calculations, development of systems concepts, preparation of bid drawings and specifications and development of cost estimates. The candidate will also review contractor’s submittals and prepare site observation reports.
Work directly with mechanical project engineers and designers throughout the project life cycle to produce mechanical CAD drawings and Revit models for corporate, higher education, healthcare and retail projects.
Support of the mechanical department staff through set-up of AutoCAD drawings and/or Revit models and the preparation of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection drawings from redline mark-ups and design sketches produced by engineers/designers.
– Academic or professional experience as a drafter, preferably with HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems drafting.
-Good mechanical skills and aptitude with the ability to solve problems.
Highly motivated with ability to budget own time and work efficiently, both independently and as part of a project team.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
– Strong working proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
Mechanical Department Manager
Date of posting:
September 28th, 2018
Lead technology design (including audio-visual, communication and security systems) through project life cycle to produce high quality, efficient and reliable system designs that respond to the needs of our clients in the healthcare, corporate, higher education and retail markets.
– Lead technology design to include; system calculations, equipment selection and layouts, project drawings and specifications, construction cost estimates, site visits, coordination and construction administration.
– Act as primary focal point to clients and direct activities of technical staff (engineers, designers and drafters) from project award through completion.
– Demonstrate a proactive and collaborative approach with project team members, architects and others as appropriate to meet the client’s performance, schedule and financial goals.
– Quality control of assigned projects.
– BICSI RCDD certified or possess verifiable prerequisite requirements to apply for the BICSI RCDD examination.
– Minimum 5 years experience in the AEC industry.
– Highly motivated and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong technical skills with ability to develop and clearly communicate concepts and ideas.
– Revit and AutoCAD production experience required.
– Strong knowledge of ANSI/TIA, BICSI, InfoComm, Security Access Control and Video Surveillance industry standards and related building codes.
– Knowledge of major telecommunications and security manufacturer’s warranty and installation requirements.
– Salary commensurate with experience
– Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
– 401K plan
Electrical Department Manager
Date of posting:
February 26th, 2019